Construction worker hammering on a roof top

Occupation & Industry Guides for Your Tax Return

The ATO’s occupation and industry guides will help you work out what income and allowances you declare and the work-related expenses you can claim as a deduction.

You must include all the income you received during the financial year in your tax return, including salary and wages, and allowances.

To claim a deduction for work-related expenses:

  • you must have spent the money and you weren’t reimbursed
  • the expense must directly relate to earning your income
  • you must have a record to prove it (usually a receipt).

Find your relevant occupation and industry-specific guide here. 

For clarification on your claims, please contact your STS Accountant today.